Niantic just caught all of us by surprise as they announced a new Rock Event, just almost a week after the Grass Event.
If you aren’t aware of what the Event is about, you can read all about it here – Rock Event Announced – Pokemon Go Adventure Week Starting from 18th May
Here are a few Important features announced for the Event:
Event Period: From 1:00 P.M. PDT on May 18 to 1:00 P.M. PDT on May 25, 2017
Increased Spawn of All Rock Type Pokemon such as Omanyte, Kabuto, and their Evolutions
Buddy Pokémon: Buddy gains Candy 4X faster
Special Reward: Increased items every PokéStop Spin
So as the Event is just about to begin we are here with some Tips that would help you get the most out of the Adventure Week (Rock Event)
1. Before the event starts, walk roughly 75% of the distance needed for your buddy to find a candy:
Why should you do this? Well, last time Niantic had this feature on during the Halloween Event, many reports came in stating that they received Candies for the distance they had already traveled with their Buddy.
So traveling about 75% of the total distance required to get a Candy in the Pre-event period you would receive 2 Candies once the Event begins.
2. Buddy Pokemon Priority List:
Basically, any 5k Buddies or any Rares that are hard to come by should be on your Priority List for having them as your Buddy during the week. Make sure you keep the ones who are Rare in your Locality so that you can get their Evolved forms much quicker.
3. Wild Pokemon Priority List:
- Larvitar: Tyranitar is hands down currently one of the best Gym Defender in the game and stands only behind Blissey.
- Rhydon: Rhyhorns are great Gym Defenders and also go head-to-head against Blisseys. Also, Rhyhorn gets an Evolution in the 4th Gen in the form of Rhyperior. So getting those Candies will be really helpful in the future.
- Geodude: Just as Rhydon, Golem is also a great attacker considering you have the right move sets.
- Onix: Steelix is a Great Gym Defender.
This can be the Best device to make the best of the Rock Event.
That’s it for now guys!!
Don’t forget to like our Facebook Page and give our Twitter Account a follow so that you never miss out on any further updates.